Harman Pro to lay off 650, InfoComm changes name to AVIXA, Amazon & CEDIA partner up, free remote systems management eBook, evaluating water damaged electrical equipment & your AV email.
Special Guests: N/A
Release Date: October 1, 2017
Running Time: 34:57
- Sponsor: Peerless-AV All-in-One Kiosk Powered by BrightSign
- SCN – Harman Pro Announces Workforce Consolidation
- 2014: Haman to Acquire AMX for $365M
- 2015: AMX to Acquire SVSI for Undisclosed Amount
- 2016: Samsung to Acquire Harman for $8B
- 2017: Harman lays off 650
- “Harman stated it will enter a ‘rebuilding’ mode and form three ‘Centers of Competency”
- 13 Harman Pro Brands: AKG, AMX, BSS, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, IDX, JBL Professional, Lexicon, Martin, Soundcraft, Studer, SVSI
- CI – Behind the Scenes of the InfoComm International (AVIXA) Brand Overhaul
- AVIXA should be like FIOS and hire actor Gaten Matarazzo of Stranger Things to help explain the AV industry
- FIOS Ad
- CE Pro – Amazon to Put CEDIA-Certified Smart Home Installers on the Map
- One Vision Resources – FREE ebook, The Insider’s Guide to Remote Systems
- Mike Holt Newsletter
- “In the aftermath of hurricanes Harvey and Irma, there are too many stories of lives lost and lives changed forever”
- “what becomes important now is to stay safe during the clean-up process”
- NEMA Guideline – Evaluating Water-Damaged Electrical Equipment
- Benjamin: “On episode 27, with Nathan Lively, was he in the studio with you?”
- E27 | Sound System Tuning Intro
- Darren: “I am looking to learn as much as possible around AutoCAD as quickly as possible”
- Book – Discovering AutoCAD 2017 by Mark Dix & Paul Riley
- Interested in being an AutoCAD for AV webinar guinea pig? Email email@example.com
- Shout out to Mr. Riley! Design Tech 4 Life!
Thanks for Subscribing!
Reach out any time firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have photos from an awesome AV project? The Brag Board Form is active and ready to accept your photos. Brag Board submissions may be showcased at AVShopTalk.com as well as mentioned in a future episode. What awesome things are you doing with AV technology?
Three ways you can support the Podcast:
#1 Tell a friend in the AV industry, because word of mouth is the best.
#2 Rate and review the podcast in iTunes.
#3 Shop at Amazon using the http://avshoptalk.com/amazon affiliate link.