Pat Drumm returns to the podcast to share his AV story. From stagehand to solder monkey to broadcast engineer with a master degree. Hear some tips for getting started in the broadcast world.
Special Guest: Pat Drumm
Release Date: June 1, 2017
Running Time: 49:17
- New to the podcast? WELCOME!
- Learn about new AV tech
- Hear AV career stories
- Become a better integrator
- Nate’s favorite podcast app: Pocket Casts
- Return guest & broadcast buddy: Pat Drumm
- E37 | 5 Things To Know About ATSC 3.0
- Sponsor: Peerless-AV Indoor Portrait Kiosk
- AV vocabulary word: Strike
- UMass Lowell Sound Recording Technology
- Durgin Technical Services
- CSN – Comcast Sports Net
- E10 | Mobile Broadcast Technology
- “What exactly does a broadcast engineer do anyway?”
- “You’re going tom basketball one day to cowboys and rodeos next day”
- DSD – Direct Stream Digital
- “Any advice for listeners to the podcast who want to get into broadcast?”
- Tim Albright’s AVWeek Podcast hits episode 300, CONGRATS!
- Throw back: AVWeek Episode 101: Mr. Dongle
- Ernie Beck’s Integrate Baltimore group becomes 501(c)(3) non-profit
- InfoComm 2017 coming up quick
- See you at the AVNation Tweet-up on Wednesday
- Harald – “Kind of like Groundhog Day. Was there any year lately where Clear One did not sue anyone?”
- ClearOne Files Patent Infringement Suit Against Shure, Biamp, QSC
- Marc – “I’m really interested in some of the AV Over IP stuff that’s been emerging”
- SDVoE – Software Defined Video Over Ethernet
- To Facebook Friend – “After 20 years in commercial do you miss anything about the residential side of AV?”
- HomeTech Podcast: Commercial vs. Residential distinction not as strong seas
Thanks for Subscribing!
Reach out any time email@example.com. Do you have photos from an awesome AV project? The Brag Board Form is active and ready to accept your photos. Brag Board submissions may be showcased at AVShopTalk.com as well as mentioned in a future episode. What awesome things are you doing with technology?
Three ways you can support the Podcast:
#1 Tell a friend in the AV industry, because word of mouth is the best.
#2 Rate and review the podcast in iTunes.
#3 Shop at Amazon using the http://avshoptalk.com/amazon affiliate link.