Josh Srago AV design consultant and writer on tech policy talks about new FCC regulations, Net Neutrality, Incentives Auction and the two most dangerous words in technology.
Special Guest: Josh Srago
Release Date: September 1, 2016
Running Time: 55:29
- “Today is going to be a fun one” – Twitter conversation
- “You can’t be any geek off the street” – Young Guns 1988 – VHS Tape
- Regulate – Nate Dogg & Warren G 1994 – Audio Cassette
- I Keep Forgetting – Michael McDonald 1982 – Vinyl
- Sponsor: Peerless-AV and their UltraView Outdoor TV’s
- TeeComm – Josh Srago Profile
- AV Nation – Board of Directors Page
- Over 20 blog posts on Net Neutrality by Josh on Sound Reason
- EFF – Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Tech Freedom
- Public Knowledge
- Juris Doctor Wikipedia Page
- Happy Day for Net Neutrality Advocates As FCC Votes to Reclassify Broadband
- ISP Speed Index Tool from Netflix
- Josh’s latest Net Neutrality post
- FCC Incentives Auction: Reveres auction concluded at $86,422,558,704
- Monitor Incentive Auction Progress with Public Reporting Dashboard
- 39 Month Grace Period
- AV’s Wireless Future Getting Sold Off – George Tucker & Josh Srago
- ISP Consumer Prvacy Rules to Protect Broadband Consmer Privacy
- Rule 41 – We Just Want To Look At Your Computer – Bradford Benn
- Using a VPN meets a qualification for remote search warrant
- Being part of a Botnet meets a qualification for remote search warrant
- AV Nation recently became a member of the Electronic Frontier Alliance
- Can your ISP legally track your web browsing data?
- Once collected can ISP’s use your web browsing data to serve you ads?
- Once collected can ISP’s sell your web browsing data to a third party?
- Two most dangerous words in technology…
- Josh Srago on twitter @JSrago
- Josh Srago Linked-In Profile
- Sound Reason
- AV Nation
- The AVB/TSN Train Has Finally Left the Station, But Where Is it Headed?
- InfoComm All Voices Blog – The Bias of Net Neutrality Rules
- IoT Insights Conference in New York
- Shout-Out to @TonyNoOne
Thanks for Listening & Subscribing
Love getting emails on the email@example.com email account. Reach out any time. Let me know your thoughts about a specific episode, suggest a topic for a future episode or just say hello. If you’d like to help support the podcast you can shop at Amazon using this affiliate link http://avshoptalk.com/amazon. It won’t cost you anything but the show will earn a small commission for the referral.