Todd Mares, Director of Emerging Technologies at Peerless-AV shares how he got into the AV industry. From tinkerer to systems integrator to manufacturer. After the interview I respond to your AV emails.
Special Guests: Todd Mares
Release Date: January 1, 2018
Running Time: 49:33
- Sponsor: Peerless-AV Xtreme™ Outdoor Soundbar
- Todd Mares on Linked-In
- Todd Mares on Twitter
- 1988: Silo To Sell Electronics At Field`s
- Best Buy company history
- “CEDIA is almost a launching pad or stepping stone for people to get into the InfoComm market”
- Transition from integrator to manufacturer
- First manufacturing role was application field engineer
- Product management of 30-40 skews
- Best way to get in touch with Todd is email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex – “Where is the best place to start when trying to learn the basics of AV?”
- YouTube Channel: HowToAV.tv
- Tyler – “appreciate the discussion with Justin from WKU, was very relevant to my work”
- E46 | Top Integration Strategies at WKU
- Jonathan – “AutoCAD for AV, Interested”
- Shout out to new email subscribers, , Aaron, Tony, Nicos, Samuel, William
- AV Shop Talk email list submission form
- AVWeek 328: Dummy Passwords
- Join AutoCAD for AV webinar list, just email email@example.com
Thanks for Subscribing!
Reach out any time firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have photos from an awesome AV project? The Brag Board Form is active and ready to accept your photos. Brag Board submissions may be showcased at AVShopTalk.com as well as mentioned in a future episode. What awesome things are you doing with AV technology?
Three ways you can support the Podcast:
#1 Tell a friend in AV about AV Shop Talk, word of mouth is the best.
#2 Review the podcast on your favorite social media or in iTunes.
#3 Shop at Amazon using the http://avshoptalk.com/amazon affiliate link.