Bill Brown AV/IT Technology Coach with Shattering The Box Consulting joins us to share his AV career story. Listen and learn about how he started as a hotel AV tech but eventually moved out of the shadows backstage and into consulting.
Special Guests: Bill Brown
Release Date: September 1, 2017
Running Time: 54:03
- Bill Brown on Linked-In
- Bill Brown on Twitter @TheLittleTLCGuy
- Bill Brown on Facebook @TheLittleTLCGuy
- Sponsor: Peerless-AV All-in-One Kiosk Powered by BrightSign
Bill Brown Interview
- Saint Vincent College
- Seton Hill University
- WQED Pittsburgh
- Knew a guy in Hotel AV
- Moved to North Carolina found an AV company in Yellow Pages
- Pivoted into Corporate AV with GlaxoSmithKline
- Became Hybrid Technology Professional
- Mindset shift: On-Stage vs Back-Stage
- Took over a 5 person events department at Elon University
- CCUMC (Consortium of College and University Media Centers)
- “if the technology WORKS – people will question why they are paying you”
- “if the technology DOESN’T WORK – people will question why they are paying you”
- Went to work for an integrator – realized he didn’t like the sales role
- “I have seen people make technology decisions void of their mission and vision”
- “I call it a TLC conversation, technology leadership & communication”
Thanks for Subscribing!
Reach out any time firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have photos from an awesome AV project? The Brag Board Form is active and ready to accept your photos. Brag Board submissions may be showcased at AVShopTalk.com as well as mentioned in a future episode. What awesome things are you doing with AV technology?
Three ways you can support the Podcast:
#1 Tell a friend in the AV industry, because word of mouth is the best.
#2 Rate and review the podcast in iTunes.
#3 Shop at Amazon using the http://avshoptalk.com/amazon affiliate link.