Pat Drumm, Broadcast Engineer at Comcast SportsNet joins us to share his perspective on ATSC 3.0, a new broadcasting standard currently in the works. We discuss the recent breakup between WHDH Channel 7 in Boston and NBC.
Special Guest: Pat Drumm
Release Date: February 1, 2017
Running Time: 50:14
- HDMI 2.1 Spec Expected to be Released in Q2 of 2017
- Norway First Country to Turn Off FM Radio
- What Happens When Algorithms Design A Concert Hall? The Stunning Elbphilharmonie
- CEDIA Sells Off Their Show to Emerald Expositions
- ATSC 3.0 On Track to be Completed as a Finished Standard in the Spring of 2017
- Comcast SportsNet (CSN)
- What you need to know about NBC’s channel flip in Boston
- This Is Us
- Channel 7 loses court fight with Comcast over NBC status
- Advanced Television Systems Committee
- #1 IP based no more MPEG-2
- #2 Content streamed in chunks using ISOBMFF
- #3 Supports 4K, HDR and more
- #4 Adaptable for future needs of broadcasters (8k)
- #5 On track to be finalized in the spring of 2017
- ATSC 3.0 standards update January 2017 infographic
- CES 2017: LG Intros First ATSC 3.0 4KTVs
- Next Gen TV Station in Cleveland Broadcasts World Series
- Home Theater Geeks 327: What’s Up With ATSC 3.0
Thanks for Listening & Subscribing
Reach out any time firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have photos from an awesome AV project you’ve worked on? Head over to the Brag Board and use the form to submit photos. We’ll create a blog post to showcase your work and mention your noteworthy project in a future episode.
If you enjoy the podcast here are three ways you can support the program:
#1 Tell a friend in the AV industry, because word of mouth is the best.
#2 Rate and review the podcast in iTunes.
#3 Shop at Amazon using the http://avshoptalk.com/amazon affiliate link.