Mitchell Klein, Executive Director of the Z-Wave Alliance joins us to talk about how Z-Wave is enabling the smart home with “hack proof” wireless machine to machine communication.
Special Guest: Mitchell Klein
Release Date: January 1, 2017
Running Time: 52:10
- Show Notes: http://www.avshoptalk.com/episode36
- Subscribe: http://www.avshoptalk.com/subscribe
- Sponsor: Peerless-AV and the SmartMount Supreme Video Wall Mount
- 2016 Year End Thank You
- Shout-Out to Jeremy! Thanks for subscribing @Jermville
- Opt-in for a shout-out in the podcast here
- CEDIA – Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association
- Z-Wave is an enabling technology designed for the smart home
- M2M – Machine-to-Machine Communication
- Zensys – Crunchbase
- 2008 Acquisition: Sigma Signs Definitive Agreement for Acquisition of Zensys
- “Self-healing mesh network”
- Schlage door locks
- Yale door locks
- Z-Wave Touts UL Component Recognition and Hacker Proof Security Features at ISC West 2016
- Z-Wave Alliance Announces New Security Requirements for All Z-Wave Certified IoT Devices
- Z-Wave Plus (500 Series Chipset)
- Introduction to the Z-Wave Security Ecosystem
- Eli The Computer Guy Interviews Jay Botelho Director of Products for Savvius
- 375 partners in over 1,500 products
- Sigma Designs website
- Email email@example.com
- Mitchell Klein Linked-In Profile
- Twitter: @Mitchell_Klein
Thanks for Listening & Subscribing
Wanna get in touch? Reach out any time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have photos from an awesome AV project you’ve worked on? Head over to the Brag Board and use the form to submit photos. We’ll create a blog post to showcase your work and mention your project in a future episode.
If you enjoy the podcast here are three ways you can support the program:
#1 Tell a friend in the AV industry – word of mouth is the best.
#2 Rate and review the podcast in the iTunes store.
#3 Shop at Amazon using the http://avshoptalk.com/amazon affiliate link.